Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Edward De Bono thinking hat activity.

Each colour hat denotes a different kind of thinking, eg Red is feeling
Blue - process
White - facts
Red feelings
Green - creativity
Yellow benefits
Black - cautious

There's info on the hat activity - influenced by sue Hadrian?
 
The hat activity seems a useful group one, but also a good way to consider something as an individual, especially for myself as I struggle to formalise my thoughts.
During the last placement I looked at some of the school policies, but the school had such a focus on behaviour management that it dominated my focus. However I'm not sure I really engaged with it, rather I just tried to remember it – something I find hard if I'm not actively involved in carrying it out or creating it. I briefly looked through other areas of school policy, but again, there was a lack or real engagemnt weith them – it is a short space of time to internlise these documents, and as it's not the start of a school year as a new teacher it does feel like there is some pressure to 'get' everything quicky, which is doomed to failure, but this means I make less effort rahter than more, feeling it's a bit of a lost cause. The hat activity could be a good way for me to break down my thinking and focus it.

No comments:

Post a Comment